Tuesday, July 10, 2007

South Lake Tahoe - take it all in

Sorry for the delay in posts everyone - I was in South Lake Tahoe this past weekend for my cousin Jay's wedding. Congrats Jay and Jen! xoxo While there, I figured it would be the perfect opportunity to do some research and use it as my next destination. The weather was amazing and the Lake truly takes your breath away when you see it for the first time. Although I wasn't able to see and try out as many places as I had hoped, I got in a lot of research and am already trying to find time to go back!

I flew into the Reno/Tahoe International Airport and it's about an hour to an hour and a half from the airport to South Lake Tahoe. I would recommend renting a car either at the airport (the drive is beautiful as you get closer) or take a shuttle (like the South Tahoe Express) and rent a car once you arrive in town. Either way, you'll need some sort of transportation to get around while there since it's a small city and doesn't have advanced public transportation. Additionally, since it's a tourist town, do your best to pack everything you'll need (other than groceries, etc.) because it can be a bit pricey. :)

0 Comments: